Nathan had to work the day shift today so he wasn't able to go to church with me. Since I was ready to go so early, I decided to head to the church to watch the kids of the people who have bible study on Sunday mornings before church. At first I was the only adult with 8 kids! There was one little boy who did not like being away from his mom and he cried in my arms for 25 minutes before he calmed down. The front of my shirt was covered in boogers, tears, and drool because he cried so long. It was so cute and it was such a good cuddle! Mandy came up after she saw my flare for help. Once we got everyone under control it was a fun morning. The Tuttle kids were up there too and having them on my side (plus they're a little older) was like having two awesome helpers.
I also worked in the nursery during the service. I work on the 4th Sundays but Nathan has next weekend off and we talked about maybe doing a mini-trip so I switched my weekends. I was in the toddler room with Mary, a woman I love to talk nail-polish with. We had 6 kids in our room and they were all so good! It was really easy. My favorite part was when a little girl who was really shy, quiet, and didn't interact much with anyone came up beside me and asked for a hug. I almost melted!
After the kids were collected, I stayed around to chat with a few friends. I had to pick Nathan up at 2 and it was only 12:30pm so I decided to stay out rather than go home for such a short time.
I went to Loose Park and walked around, ate a snack, and took some photos of the changing leaves. There were so many people taking family pictures and I could understand why - it's such a beautiful space.
After I finished my walk, I went to the library (inspired by the literary conversation last night) and returned some books and checked out a couple new ones.
After a short visit at home, Nathan left to go to his dinner with some of the residents of UMKC. Nathan has his first residency interview tomorrow. He doesn't feel overly nervous because he's worked in this hospital for almost two years and really loves it and wants to be here, but it is his first interview and a big step, so he's a little worked up.
No comments:
Post a Comment