Nathan has been back on days (6-2pm) for the past few days and although it took some adjusting we're back on our normal schedule. Tonight we were invited to Pastor Clifton's house for dinner. His wife, Jill, is a soup specialist and we had 3 different types of soup. We had butternut squash, potato, and chili- plus all the toppings you could want. It was fun as Jill was setting out the table, she used the napkins that Marlene gave to the Clifton's. They had maple leaves on them! I've never seen them before but they were very cool. We also had Tim Hortons coffee (John Mark brought it back from his last mission trip to Vancouver) with our dessert. It was such a great treat and made me miss home a little more. I have Tim Horton's hot chocolate in the cupboard but the coffee we brought ran out quickly!
After dinner the boys retired to the man-cave to watch the K-State game and the women stayed upstairs and discussed books. I love to read and was so captivated hearing about what people were reading and their favorite novels.
No comments:
Post a Comment