Saturday, October 20, 2012

Little Princess

I've been working on sewing the leaves on my family tree quilt for awhile now. It takes such very long time to applique each leaf on so I try to do ten a day. It's going slowly so I decided to do a small side project so I wouldn't get frustrated with sewing endless leaves.

I wanted to continue on my Disney kick while also learning something new. I've never made my own clothes, but I had so much fun working on Noah's Halloween costume. I enjoyed making the pattern and working on dress-up clothes because playing dress-up was one of my favorite things to do as a kid.

My niece, Scarlett, is starting to get interested in Disney movies so I tried to make her a Cinderella gown for Christmas. I used 2 yards of satin, plain silver ribbon (which I braided because I was too cheap to buy the 'fancy' ribbon), and 1/2 yard of velvet. The total dress cost? $6.25. I think it's really cute and I love the side poofs.

I loved making the dress and the pattern I made was so simple and could easily be made for any of the Disney dresses. I guess what I'm saying is.... I want to make more!


2 comments:

  1. SO cute!!! Gracen is, of course, going to be a "princess with wings" for Halloween. So fun at that age! You're the best aunt ever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. well i do have 3 girls who love princesses so im sure they would love one :) willow of course doesnt know it yet but she will soon love them too

    ReplyDelete