Monday, October 1, 2012

New Schedule

Today was Nathan's first day of Emergency Medicine. When he first started medical school he thought he wanted to do ER work but that ideal quickly fizzled out  He fell in love with Internal Medicine but he is still excited to try the ER for a month (and not just because he gets to wear scrubs all month).


Nathan's September schedule was 6-6, six days a week, but on ER, he has to work 22 eight-hour shifts for the whole month. He'll be taking 4 days off this weekend to attend Scott and Sarah's wedding back in Toronto and still have plenty of time off to relax with me, and the 8-hour shifts are set so I can make plans around his schedule much easier.

The shifts are:
6am-2pm
9am-5pm
2pm-10pm
5pm-1am
10pm-6am

Each student must work 4 nights in the month. Nathan is a little nervous about the overnights because we're really predictable with our sleep schedule. It was nice to have him home during the day today but it's so strange that it's 9pm and he's not here! Each day has a different schedule so I need to make sure I check the outline on the fridge before I start making plans.

Senior Citizen Dinner Hour

I was packing up Noah's pirate costume so that I could take it to him this weekend and I thought that maybe it was missing something- so I crochet this pirate beard. I tried it on but I cannot post a picture because it was too funny and embarrassing but it's awesome!


No comments:

Post a Comment