Friday, October 19, 2012

Set in Stone

At the beginning of the week my mom let me know that the concrete base for the grave marker had been poured. I started to get really anxious. I wanted to be home (not that that would change anything) but I felt distanced both physically and emotionally.

I had dinner with my landlord, Annie, last night and of course, the question always arises, "are you and Nathan going to have kids?" I've become good at not letting my face change when people ask me that question, but after hearing about the grave stone earlier in the week, I was already right on the edge. I ended up telling her and felt okay about it. She was supportive and I'm glad I told her. I felt more at ease because I wasn't hiding that huge part of myself and the rest of the conversation flowed easily.

This morning, my mom emailed me to tell me that the stone was put up. I think it looks really good although seeing it made me really sad. I'm glad there is a visual record of the boys.




1 comment:

  1. How difficult not to get to be there. I really like the sweet simplicity of the stone you guys chose - it's very elegant! Honestly, seeing these pictures made me cry. I'm so glad that you have a physical place to go to honor them at. I love you so much, Amanda!

    ReplyDelete