Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Hair School

When our landlord brought us a lunch treat on the weekend I told her how great her hair looked. She said that she had it done at the hair school just down the street from us (about 7 minutes away). She said that it was a really nice place, the students were great (very thorough) and she always gets her hair done there. I've been wanting to do something with my hair because pregnancy really messes up my hair. With Michael, my hair bleached out at the roots (it was strange) and with John, my hair has changed from a dark brown to a light auburn. I wanted to get some highlights to help break up the hair color since dying it all over doesn't work (who knows what color it will change to next!).

The school, Mitsu Sato, is a private school (unlike the Paul Mitchell School - also in KC). There were four students working under a teacher today. Tuesday is a slow day so I was the only client for most of the time I was there. I met Jenna, my awesome stylist from Montana, and she was really helpful in helping me decide what I wanted. She was super cute and chatty and we had alot of fun visiting.

I was nervous about letting a "student" do my hair, but Jenna is graduating in 6 weeks so I didn't think it made that big of a difference, besides, with long hair, I figured unless she dyed it green and shaved my head, I'd be alright.

After 3 hours, I arrived home with a full head of highlights, cut, and style for $49. I really like my hair but I can't believe how much the caramel highlights make my hair look bright red! I would absolutely go back (or at least visit Jenna in her next salon).


1 comment:

  1. Super cute! I've had my best and worst hair cuts from a beauty school!

    Uh, that pirate costume you made is THE BOMB. You are so creative! And the cute little beard is to die for!

    ReplyDelete